For businesses using WhatsApp Business API, the process of deleting the WhatsApp Business account is different. The business should reach out to their WhatsApp Business Solution Provider (BSP) to cancel the WhatsApp Business subscription.
If you are an Interakt user, you can cancel the WhatsApp API billing subscription at any point of time by clicking the “Cancel Interakt subscription” button under the “Billing Details” section. Our team will work with you to fulfill your request.
1. Open Facebook Business Manager account.
2. Go to Business Settings. Click on WhatsApp Accounts on the left panel.
3. Select the relevant WhatsApp Account. Click on Settings (next to People, Partners)
4. Scroll down and click on ‘WhatsApp Manager’.
5. Click on the Trash Icon to delete your number as WhatsApp Business API number.
6. Once deleted, wait for a few minutes and then you can use the same number on WhatsApp Consumer/Business App.
Please Note: Once the number is deleted, it can never be used as WhatsApp Business API number with any Business Service Provider (BSP) again. You will lose all account details/data, insights, message history and the same can not be recovered.
You can delete your account from within WhatsApp. Deleting your account is an irreversible process, which we can't revert even if you perform it by accident.
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Tap More options > Settings > Account > Delete my account.
3. Enter your phone number in full international format and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
4. Select a reason for why you're deleting your account in the dropdown.
5. Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Delete your account from WhatsApp.
- Erase your message history.
- Delete you from all of your WhatsApp groups.
- Delete your Google Drive backup.
- You can't regain access to your account.
- It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete your WhatsApp information. Copies of your information may also remain after the 90 days in the backup storage that WhatsApp uses to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. Your information isn't available to you on WhatsApp during this time.
- It doesn't affect your information related to the groups you created or the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
- WhatsApp may retain certain log data in our databases even after you delete your account, but such data will be disassociated from any identifying information such that it can no longer be linked to your account. To do this, on a regular basis, WhatsApp wipes certain identifying information from this log data, and replaces any instance of your account ID with a replacement identifier which cannot be linked back to your account once it is deleted.
- WhatsApp may also keep your information for things like legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention efforts.
- Your information shared with other Meta Companies will also be deleted.