What are the eligibility requirements for a WhatsApp Business API?
Completing your Facebook Business Verification is a requirement from Facebook in order to identify real businesses and grant access to the features they need.
Here is everything that we’ll be covering in this module:
• Getting started
• Application Process
• Approval Process
• Quick Tips
• What you should do in case of a rejection?
• To apply for Facebook Business Verification, you need to submit documents that support the registered business’ legal name, address and phone number. Facebook cross checks with the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) records to validate any information you submit to them. Hence, it is absolutely essential to submit the most up-to-date and correct documents because any discrepancy can lead to rejection or further questions.
• Here’s a list of the documents that are acceptable (in order of recommendation). You can also refer to this link for more details.
• And here’s a list of the documents that are not acceptable.
• Step 1: To access your business manager, go to and click on Business Settings.
• On the left hand-side panel, scroll down and find Security Center, and click on Start Verification.
• Step 2: Here, you will need to fill out all your Business Details – Name, Address, Phone Number and Website. Make sure this information is consistent with MCA records and with the Business Details in your supporting documents. Once you are done, click Next.
• Step 3: Next, Facebook will generate a list of businesses that match the information you just entered. You need to select your business from this list and continue.
• Step 4: In this section, you will need to simply confirm the business details that you wish to submit to Facebook. These details need to match the business details in your supporting documents that you will submit next. This information will also be present on your Business Profile once your verification is complete.
• Step 5: In this step, you will need to submit a supporting document to verify your Legal Business Name. You can upload any of the acceptable documents like the Certificate of Incorporation, Business License, Business Bank Account Statement etc.
• Ensure that you choose the correct language of the document – you need to specify the language of the documents you are submitting correctly so that the reviewer is easily able to verify it. Once you have uploaded the document, click next.
• Step 6: You need to repeat the same process for verifying your Legal Business Address or Phone Number. Once you have uploaded an acceptable document, click next.
• Step 7: You will need to choose a verification method. You can choose to receive a code via call or email or you can choose to verify using your business’ website domain.
• If you are choosing to verify via email or call, make sure that you are entering an email address or phone number that you have access to. It is recommended that your verification may get completed faster if you use an email address that contains your website domain.
• If you picked email verification, enter the code that you must have received and click submit.
• You have now completed the application for the verification of your business!
Application Review Process
• A review of your application by Facebook can take anywhere between 3 business days to 4 weeks.
• If your application has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email. You can also check the status of your application in the Security Center.
• You may not receive a confirmation immediately. In case Facebook requires additional documentation, you will receive a notification about it. You will then need to respond to the same support ticket from Facebook and submit necessary documentation.
• Once your verification comes through, you are eligible for unlimited messaging on Interakt.
• Verifying your domain will allow you to claim ownership of your domain in Business Manager. This can be an added advantage since Facebook limits the ability to edit, link thumbnail images, headlines and descriptions as a way to control the spread of clickbait and misinformation.
• You should keep a close check on the documents you are submitting and make sure that the information on all of them are consistent and do not vary from the business details with the MCA.
• Submit only necessary documents. Submitting documents beyond what is required can also lead to delay/rejection of your application.
What you should do in case of a rejection?
• Your verification can be rejected for a couple of reasons. You can always appeal to Facebook’s decision and submit the necessary information to complete your verification. Facebook gives up to 3 chances to send corrected documents and apply for verification. Post which, they may disable the ability to apply for Facebook Business Verification.
• But don’t worry! For your convenience, we have written an in-depth blog on the top reasons why your Facebook Business Verification might be failing and what you can do to correct it. So before you appeal to Facebook, make sure to check it out so you know what to do for a successful Facebook Business Verification.