WhatsApp templates are pre-approved WhatsApp messages that can be sent as notifications to users who might not have spoken to you in the last 24 hours on your WhatsApp number.
These templates also come with special formatting options like CTA buttons and quick replies. You can send a pre-approved template by clicking on the Templates icon in the composer section.
• To create templates, you can either go to the templates icons in the composer section and click on ‘Create Template’. Or just head to the panel on the left-hand side of the inbox and click on the Template icon which is the fourth from the top.
You will then be directed to the above screen, where you can view all the templates that you have created, filter them out via name or status and even toggle between the active and deleted ones.
• To create a template, you first need to pick a suitable name for the template and then choose a relevant category. If you’re unsure about this, you can go with the commonly used category of ‘Alert Update’.
Interakt also lets you pick out the language in which you want to send the message in.
• A template has four sections - the header, body, footer and buttons. Other than the body of the template, all other fields are optional.
• Though the header is an optional field, if you would like to include a media file in your template, then you will have to define that in the header. Interakt lets you add photos, videos and documents to the header.
You can just host the media on a public website like https://imagekit.io/ and then insert the URL in the template before you send it out.
• In case you’re planning to use only text in the header, Interakt also lets you add a variable to the header to make it personalized for the user.
• In the body of the template, you can add any number of variables which will later be substituted with user information like name, email ID or phone number.
• You can then choose to add a relevant footer to your template.
• In the buttons section you can choose to keep your button as a Call To Action (CTA) or a Quick Reply. Under each option, you can add more than 1 button.
a. CTA as a button: You can make it a CTA with a website which will direct your user to a browser or you can add a contact number which will then direct your user to a dialer app. For a website, you can choose from a static URL or a dynamic URL. The dynamic URL is where you can add variables to the base URL.
b. Quick Reply as a button: You can also add a Quick Reply in this section and enable your users to respond a lot faster to your message.
Hope this article helped you understand how to create new WhatsApp Business templates using Interakt's WhatsApp Business solutions and what benefits does Interakt drive to your business growth via WhatsApp.
Can't find the answer you're looking for ? Don't worry we're here to help!Talk to us on WhatsApp