How to setup Automatic Payments with RBI’s e-Mandate Guidelines?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued a directive to the card issuing banks, card networks, and prepaid payment instrument issuers for the processing of e-mandates, that introduce measures to provide additional security on your card payments. These measures include:
– Cardholders who want to create an e-mandate must register through additional factor authentication (AFA) using 3D Secure (3DS) or OTP.
– Card issuers (banks) must alert cardholders at least 24 hours before charges take place and give them the ability to opt out of transactions.
– In addition to the first registration, recurring transactions over 15,000 Indian rupees (INR), or the equivalent in other currencies need to go through AFA each time.
How to set up e-mandate when you create a new subscription on Interakt?
As per these new guidelines by RBI, we’re required to set up an e-mandate on your card. When you create a new subscription on Interakt, you will be asked to provide your card details and pay the amount of the subscription charges for the first month. You will need to complete the transaction by entering the OTP.
Once the transaction is successful, e-mandate will be activated on your card. You will also receive an alert from your bank/card issuer regarding the same.
How automatic payments work with e-mandate?
Payment of subscription renewals and/or additional usage charges and/or WhatsApp conversation charges will work as follows:
– If the invoice amount is below INR 15,000, the payment will be auto-debited from your card without the need of entering OTP.
– If the invoice amount is above INR 15000, you will need to authorize the transaction using OTP.
What if the automatic payment of the invoice fails?
Due to some reason, if the automatic payment of the invoice fails, you can reach out to us on our Official WhatsApp Support Number and we will provide the link to make the payment.
You need to ensure that there are no pending invoices in your Interakt account to avoid uninterrupted services. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for payment terms, due date and other important details.